Monday, August 8, 2011

there was Branson and then there was Boulder...

hmmm... Last year's 70.3 (half Ironman distance) triathlon in Branson did not end well. It ended with a big DNF (Did NOT FINISH). This season I have been battling injuries and have only raced one triathlon and did not meet my expectations for it - other than I got to race, finally!

Yesterday was the Boulder 70.3. My goal for the race was under 8 hours - they say that you can estimate your full Ironman distance time by multiplying your 70.3 X2 and adding one hour. So, 8X2 + 1 = 17 hours -- the time limit on an Ironman distance race (140.6 miles). My finish time?

or did I finish? Oh yes I did! I made my under 8 hour goal - 7:59:13 - talk about cutting it close!


My diabetes strategy was a full, epic fail but I'll work on that!

In the meantime, I threatened to sleep in my medal but I didn't.... here it is for you to enjoy too!


2 comments:

Sperry said...

Well Done! California Browns are super proud!

Jake and Erin Lewis said...

You rock Karen, it was tough out there! I'm still getting over my sunburn.