Sunday, August 14, 2011

catching up with Karyn


Crazy day of riding.

It started out with Karyn heading out for some hill climb intervals. She headed over to red rocks to capture some power data.

I headed out a bit later, and followed the bike path to golden, and down to redrocks.

I was planning on seeing her at the bottom of the climb, then heading down to cherry creek and home for ~82 miles.

Of course as luck has it, I didn't see her at the bottom, and started climbing up. And again as luck would have it, I closed in on her just as she was reaching the top...

After a brief visit, we parted ways and I headed over dinosaur ridge and down south. About 1/2 way to chatfield I noticed my rear tire leaking a bit. I stopped and pumped a few times, and decided to cut the ride short and head up the south platte. Another couple miles and I changed the tire. This was all caused by that flat I had a couple weeks back, I must have gotten some dirt in the hole left in the tire, and caused the slow leak. You can always find a good use for a shot block wrapper, I stuck that in, and headed home. I ended up with ~65 miles.

With the tour coming up, I replace my tires with Gatorskins. Wow... those are quire some tires.

No comments: