Saturday, August 6, 2011

Copper Triangle


Karyn couldn't join us for the copper triangle this year. Becky and some friends joined me.

We started out at the copper parking lot at 6:55. A little behind schedule. We did run into several people we knew going into the ride.

I was about 30 minutes behind Peter, and took the ride easy. Training up for the Tour de Cure century ride in 2 weeks.





Almost at the top of Tennessee pass. The view was spectacular. I wound up riding with a friend that I used to work with. One of those guys that was always willing to help teach you what you needed to know. Bryan Jordan: I haven't seen him in 10 years. He was riding with his mother in law.


That's him on my left. You can see I've already raised enough for the tour that I had on this year's tour jersey.

The group split after the rest stop at the bottom of Vail pass on the west side. I droned it all the way to the finish on my own. Crossing the finish right at 2pm.

I measured it out, I had spent over 2 hours in rest stops that day. Riding with a group, it takes a while to keep everyone together.

No comments: