Saturday, July 23, 2011

Work on a Saturday?


I had to head into work today, so I might as well have a good time right?

I headed up and bought lunch for those who were working with me on a Saturday, headed out around 3. Karyn was riding the Ironman course in Madison today. I hope she had a better day than I did.

Heading back home, I decided I would make the trip a little longer and head over to Boulder. I needed a re-fill, so I stopped at the gas station outside Eldorado springs. For those of you who know it, it's at the base of the climb out of Boulder on 93, it was a good place to stop.

Filling up the water bottles and picking up some gatoraide it was over 95 degrees. I started to head out, and found I had a flat tire. Some inspection, I found a .25 inch metal object in the tire. I patched it and borrowed 75 cents to fill the tire at the station.

I climbed the hill out of town, and found another guy replacing his tire. He was set, so I headed south. After a while the tire began to leak, I used a CO2 on it, and headed on my way. A short while later, I stopped to change the tire. I put on a patched tire I had been carrying for a while, using the second CO2, I found that was leaky.... worse than the first...

I put back in the first patch and luckily someone stopped. I asked if they had a pump. She gave me a ride to her place just a little way down the road, and even loaned me a tire.

Homeward bound arriving after 7pm. Thanks for the help Pam.

All in all ~80 miles.

No comments: