Saturday, July 30, 2011

I shuffled my workouts around.... to make time for date night and a fun ride!






I got new socks! -no, not what the blog is really about... Handsome managed to walk by as I was taking the photo, apparently.....



So, I moved today's swim to Wed.... Wednesday's run to Friday, blah, blah.... the point is I don't HAVE to do any biking, running or swimming today - a weekend day OFF! So excited! Tucker and I went out to dinner to Black Pearl on Friday night - I highly recommend this place - everything is fresh and delicious! They have an inviting front patio to eat on which was perfect in the summer air last night!

Today we got up and prepared for our Red Rider 'training' ride - it's more about community than an actual training ride. Tucker and I rode our bikes to REI (2 miles from the house) where we met 3 other Red Riders and one Type 3 supporter (a non-diabetic dealing with one of us!). We set out down the Cherry Creek bike path and ended up doing 14 miles round trip (with the group - 18 total for the two of us) with a stop at Illegal Pete's to people watch, talk, eat and drink! It was a rough ride for me. my BG was 44 when we arrived at REI and I never saw anything more than 103 the entire ride - ate 88 grams of carbs and took no insulin - and arrived for lunch with BG of 84!!! woot! diabetes success, I think.

Tomorrow I have a 65 mile bicycle ride followed by a 13 mile run. I am hoping to go to boulder VERY early in the morning and ride on the half ironman course that I will be racing on next weekend! I would like to be there about 6:30 and hope to be done in time to get home, have a shower and make dinner.

We'll see how it goes though!

That's about all I know right now. I'm very tired.... but still LOVE every minute on my bike - even the 3 rides up to the top of Red Rocks Amphitheater on Thursday!Link

No comments: