Monday, July 26, 2010

1/2 iron man minus 6?

This Sunday Karyn participated in a 1/2 iron man rehearsal. (Minuz 6) The route was set up to have two laps on the bike and two laps on the run.

Karyn only did 1 lap on the run, I don't blame her it was quite hot yesterday.

I'll get her to post some info on her experience, but in the mean time, I rode from Boulder Res up to Jamestown, Ward, and back. I totaled 52 miles. This time I decided to post the elevation profile instead of the google earth.

I got my but handed back to me after pulling out of Jamestown. That got quite steep. You can see it at mile 20. A few miles out, I hit gravel road. (I should do a little more planning next time... I ended up in some washboard at one point where I thought the bike was falling apart. I stopped regrouped and picked up someone's water bottle, and continued on.

I logged almost 5000 vertical feet. The last bump at the end was the ride over Old Stage.

No comments: