Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19 already?

Ooops. somehow we missed blogging last weekend.

...


Karyn is going to have to post about Clovis, NM.

I was home. I did some work on the landscaping. You know fix all the things the landscapers screwed up. Didn't take much more than 1.5 tons of dirt and 14 hours of my time...

Sunday I got to visit Carter on his first birthday! I've got a couple pix:

I had a great time, as usual, I met some very interesting people!

As you know we signed up for the Copper triangle... http://www.coppertriangle.com... Take a look!

So we're off in training for this ride. 78 miles 6000 vertical feet. Most of this on the west side of Vail pass. A guy I met after some prodding gave me the lowdown. I'm not just talking play by plan, I'm talking meter by meter....

As I'm getting psyched for the ride, the afternoon rainstorm arrives... then the hail... after a respectable wait time. I headed out for the pass.

All I did was catch up to the rain, and chasing the clock as my lovely wife was arriving home, I ditched the ride.

Ahhh, Not defeated...

No comments: