Monday, September 2, 2013

Steamboat for the night OR how we put 500+ miles on the motorcycles in a day and a half

We decide to take a little trip on the motorcycles on Saturday of Labor Day weekend because, well, just because.  Here's a quick summary - 535 miles.   Denver - Ft Collins - Steamboat Springs Lake - Steamboat - Rocky Mountain National Park - Lyons - Denver.   I'm tired now.


So, it went something like this...  Denver to Fort Collins for lunch on Saturday - 

 

Tucker asked if I thought it was going to rain - as I was putting on my luggage covers.   I said yes but he seemed doubtful until this fuel stop at Ted's Place.


Top of Cameron Pass - we saw a moose at this stop!


 On to Steamboat Springs Lake State Park to our (very) little cabin overlooking the lake!  It was great!



 We found out that one of our friends was in a bicycle race in Steamboat Springs the next morning and got up early to see her and find out that 2 other people we were knew were also racing!  It was fun to see another bike race and some racers that we knew.





After that it was off to Lyons quickly for dinner at a friend's house and then home about 8pm.   We got rained on both days for more than 1 hour each time.  I was cold, wet and tired even when we returned to Denver.   Would I do it again?  In a heartbeat.  :)

No comments: