Saturday, September 28, 2013

Chicago for a little Ironman (and diabetes) training

Last weekend I hung out with my friends that are doing Ironman Arizona with me.  Lorrie, Susie, Nancy, Lyndsay, Sally, Tommy, Chris, Kathleen, etc.....   Unfortunately for me most of them live in the midwest and/or Chicago, specifically.   Lorrie found a 1/2 marathon for us to run on Saturday and a 100 mile bike ride on Sunday!  I was in!  It was also Lorrie's 50th birthday on Friday!



Katie made cupcakes!

Lorrie and her brother Frank enjoying drinks together on her birthday - this was before the entire bar sang Happy Birthday to her!
 

Up bright and early to run a 1/2 marathon.....


Next on the plan was a swim in Lake Michigan but the water was rough so we bailed and went to the gym instead.   This was the view from the parking garage at the gym.   Beautiful sky!



After our swim we met with the TriMonster group for some post-exercise recovery food/beverage!


Sunday morning?  Up bright and early for a 100 mile bicycle ride.....   we rode to Wisconsin and back... and it was 105 miles not 100 miles!


 Great weekend and sad to go home on Monday but got in some good workouts to prepare me for Ironman and some tips from my diabetics teammates!




No comments: