Sunday, August 22, 2010

Success! Tour de Cure....

Yesterday was Tour de Cure Colorado . There were rides ranging from 12 miles to 100 miles. I had a team of friends and family (yeah, Willie!) that joined me/us for this adventure. There were 15 of us in all and I was the only one that had ridden the event before! Jake and Becky turned their 100K (62 miles) into a brick by running when they returned. David, Tucker, Willie, Rick, Patrick and Karyn rode the 100 mile course. Elizabeth, Peter and Alex did the 100K - without a run after. Audra, Erin (3 mo preggo), Sarah, Levi all rode the 50K (32 miles)! We also raised over $9,000 for the American Diabetes Association! I, unfortunately, missed seeing some members of my team as Karen L (WILD teammate) and I were some of the last people in from the 100 mile ride at 3pm. I got to see some pics though! I jumped in an ice bath as soon as I returned and then some of my friends joined me..... pictures now -

Erin (3 months pregnant) and Xander!

Tony and Tucker supporting the WILD Team with their team jerseys during the 100 mile ride -

David, same photo op, 100 mile ride -

Alex's VERY professional photo on the 100K -

The Kareyns crossing the finish line -


Karyn's ice bath at the finish line -

My friends join me for a 'bath' - look at those WILD shorts!

3 comments:

Brian Phelps said...

GREAT JOB Karyn!

Jake and Erin Lewis said...

Had a blast and would do it again! Karyn, you are a real inspiration and fantastic team captain!

Warburton/Shults said...

Way to go you guys! Congratulations to all of you :)