Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another Triathlon


So, today was my first Olympic triathlon (1.5 km swim, 40 km ride, 10 km run).... here are the stats...
155 carbs eaten
44 oz water (during race)
BG leaving transition area before closed - 179
BG at T1 - 159
BG at T2 - 181
BG at finish - 316

Overall finish... 471/482. Swim finish... 435/482, bike finish.... 463/482, run finish.... 472/482
(of course, only 475 people finished the race with 7 DNF so... my stats go down even further)

Total time = 4:30:39.

My goal (really) was simply to finish. Secret goal was to do it in under 4 hours but I really don't care..... really. And to have a working sensor for my CGM but fate had it's way with that one, I arrived at the race with no tail lights (yeah) and the dreaded '???' on my CGM receiver. Still trying to revive the sensor without luck. no CGM data sucks.

*Race Highlight - I met a woman on the run course who had gotten a hip replacement 3 years ago and could do no more than walk. I chose to walk with her rather than struggle to run, as I usually do. What a phenomenal person and experience. I would not trade 15 minutes off my race time to not have had the opportunity to talk to her for almost the entire run course.


What a GREAT day and my new transition towel(s) worked great! (THANKS MOM!!!)

4 comments:

Auntly H said...

Way to go! you're WILD!!!

Jake and Erin Lewis said...

Great accomplishment and great attitude! Way to go!

-Jake and Erin

Warburton/Shults said...

You are so awesome! Very proud of you.

janet and crew

Brian Phelps said...

Great job Karyn and thanks for talking with me before the race. It was great encouragement.