Friday, September 11, 2009

need a blog posting?

Okay, last weekend we visited Portland to attend a wedding and visit with friends. Tucker took all the pictures and has been out of town so there may or may not be a posting on this weekend for a while. We arrived late on Friday and drove an hour towards the coast so that we could go fishing in the ocean on Saturday morning! We caught fish, gave some to the newlyweds, some to the friend who let us stay at her house and even brought some home! It was a relaxing weekend.

On Tuesday I opened my email and saw THE email that I've been waiting for! I am officially on Team WILD (Women Inspiring Life with Diabetes). I am sooo excited. The first race for me to do with the team will be Oct 25th in Austin - the 1/2 Ironman, LONGHORN Triathlon! I was digging through some team photos and noticed a familiar face smiling back at me in the photos! Eustacia! A friend of a friend.... at any rate, she and I had talked about the team last fall and I had totally forgotten about it. She and I have a lot in common - motorcycles, outdoors, etc - and I totally forgot that we have DIABETES in common! I am really looking forward to the race and am on a training plan that should have me ready to do 55.9 miles of bicycling at sea level with 800 vertical feet of gain over the course - hahahahaha!

Today Tucker leaves on his motorcycle to head to California to work and see family! Hopefully he'll blog about his adventure along the way. I am just a 'tad' jealous... but excited to hear all about it! But I'll be hearing about it the same way you all will - blog postings (well, maybe an occasional phone call - I am the wife, after all).

I'll be reading the blog and hope you do too!

I'm also being added to the blog posting schedule for Team WILD so also check out http://teamwild703.blogspot.com/ to see what the team is up to and how the racing goes in October. (did i mention that I am excited!?!)

No comments: