Friday, September 18, 2009

Molholland and Ortega


Since I got out here, Laura was telling me, "you came all this way, you better get some rides in while you are here".

ok, she sent Sperry and I off to Monholland and Deckers...




This ride was really fun! Apparently this was the only place around to ride, we arrived at the Rock House, and didn't bother stopping for lunch, there wasn't enough parking for two more bikes, the lot was full! Likely over 100 bikes in the lot!

We headed up the canyon, after having the "Make it your own ride" speech.

We came up on a group of Harleys on the side of the road, and one took off in front of us. This just reminds me how much I prefer to be in front of a Harley rather than behind...

Eventually we left him space, and would catch up/drop back etc.

We hit the top, there is a viewpoint, and at this point there were more bikes! There was even a racer showing off his bikes, advertising for their sponsors no doubt.

We headed down and back up again, this time on the way up we were passed pretty much immediately... Just like you get passed on a track...

After, we headed down to take Deckers back up to hidden valley and back to Sperry's place. Apparently I missed a turn... So turns out we extended the Deckers part of the ride, which was fun for me, but Sperry got stuck behind a couple cars...

Eventually I turned back to see where he was... I ended up passing him going the other way! He managed to find a spot to turn around, just about the time I did... We passed again! This time I waited at the pull off...


The guys at work took me out Tuesday for a lunch ride...


Santiago Canyon, and the Live Oak canyon were easy riding...


Monday I got into work, the guys here were chatting it up, Ortega.... You can't leave California without riding Ortega.... So here it is:



I missed this ride Thursday at lunch because I had to get a new tire. I didn’t think I would make it the 1080 miles home with the same tire I rode out with… Headed out to Ortega after work, then headed back up to Sperry’s for dinner and catch up with Andrea...

No comments: