Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tour de Cure training ride, 07/26/09 and BN&P ride, 07/25/09



Well, Friday night I headed down to Colorado Springs to visit my friends Danielle and Kyle. We had some great conversation and SUSHI! The next morning we got up early and headed out on the BN&P motorcycle ride. BN&P = Beaters, Noobs and Princess ride. I don't ride a beater (read: no duct tape) and I'm certainly not a Noob = Newbie on a motorcycle so I did have to be a Princess, which was only fitting. Here is the collection of bikes at Danielle and Kyle's house on Sat morning and at the meeting place in Woodland Park.




I returned home through rain and hail (I took NO rain gear, of course) in time for a bath and went to see my friend Ben's band play - they were REALLY good! Jennifer met me and we spent the night meeting, greeting and playing.

Sunday morning I woke up at the early hour of 11 am! I had a 40 mile training ride planned for the Tour de Cure on August 22nd... Tour de Cure. I will be riding 62 miles that day and have been slowly working my mileage up since May 30th which was a 10 mile ride (and 5 weeks after knee surgery!). It was a great ride. I got to see the damage on the west side of town from the storms last week. I stopped about 10 miles out to look at the map of the trail I had been trying to find for 10 miles and while I was stopped....

At this point I was in Golden and was headed towards Commerce City... what was I thinking? I am pretty sure that I got flashed by a man in the bushes at one point and certainly will never forget the older man in the colorful briefs. Why can't people just wear pants?!?!?! I will NEVER take that trail again. I arrived home after 3 long hours (40 miles, remember?) and realized that it hadn't been that difficult. Makes me look forward to this weekend and the 50 miles I get to ride! I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!

I got an email today from the event promoters at Tour de Cure and they have a 'special' VIP package for anyone with over $1000 by the end of July. Guess that means I have a few short days to come up with another $50?!?!?! Bet I can do it!

karyn

No comments: