Friday, July 10, 2009

hmm... weekend

Nothing exciting to report. We 'were' going to ride our motorcycles down to see Bev and Bill/Dad this weekend in Pagosa Springs.

I carefully charged the battery in mine on Wed night so that I could ride it yesterday and test out the latest repair (new crankscase cover - cover needed to be replaced after I backed into the motorcycle in my truck. yep, that's awesome).

Everything went smooth and I packed up my tail bag and went out to the garage at 5:45 this morning and... not enough battery to start although all the lights turned on. ARGH!

So, move tail pack to car and go inside to grab car key. Car key is NOT where I thought I left it so I grab the spare as I'm running out of time - trainer at 6am!

Coffee on island in kitchen where I left it before the first garage trip.

Change out of motorcycle clothes and lose my sunglasses in the process? Back to the garage... leave.

Call Tucker on the way to work, after training, to let him know that I have no motorcycle. I ask if he'll ride in a car with me... he agrees and offers to bring my bicycle with him! yeah! best news of the whole day - my coffee is STILL on the island at home... I suddenly realize many more things I have forgotten and 'pester' Tucker with reminder emails of about 2 things at a time over 3 emails. argh!

Well, I'm planning on leaving work at 4 and heading to meet Tucker somewhere along the route! We'll move the bike to my car and Tucker and Tucker's stuff and hope to be in Pagosa sometime between 9 and 10.

Then tomorrow Bill shows up with, as Bev put it, the noisy cat and the good dog ;)

Hopefully a bicycle ride for me - tomorrow is a 26 mile training ride for the Tour de Cure! And maybe some fishing and good company. Looking forward to all of it.

We were going to split directions on the way home so that I could complete my training ride and Tucker could visit some friends near Co Springs. Now we can BOTH go! Whoo hoo!

Stay tuned....

No comments: