Saturday, February 13, 2016

A couple ski trips

I had a friend organizing a ski visit from England.  So I joined Andy in Jackson Hole, and on to SLC.  Scott Jones, some friends from Reno and Hoss joined in too.


 Andy and Scotty hanging out at Corbit's Cabin.  We tried the must have waffles...
A day at the Canyons with Gus as the rest of the crew drove down to SLC.  At Alta: Hoss and look who dropped in!  Rachael  Great to see you even though only in the lift line and for a drop in Apres!
Gus and Valerie were kind enough to host me in Heber!
Back to Snowbird for a great day in the fresh pow!
 Snowing all day!  This doesn't show on the way down the canyon there inevitably is a freeze point where snow turns to rain, and that is where the road is black ice.  Several cars visited the ditch very near me.
 I stopped in at Dale Boot.  I needed some service after 9 years on these boots.  New liners toes and heels.  Nice guys, they donated a boot bag for the Monopalooza raffle.  Of course Monoskiing got me into Dale boots originally!
 I did visit the house at somepoint between these pictures...  But back to SLC to ski with Gus again, this time Karyn came along (caught a flight into SLC and I drove her back).
 Mark came out to visit from California.
 This was early in the day, before we wore them out.  Cam and Alex road tripped with Mark to check out the great scenes of Utah.
 Tracy and Jim were visiting for a week, checking out the conditions all over the mountain so we knew where to ski.  Great times!


No comments: