Saturday, April 26, 2014

That 'perfect' tool you can't find at the critical moment? I found it.

A couple of weeks ago, I was changing the oil in the jetta.  Put it up on the ramps,  got the correct size socket and ratchet,  placed the oil recycling container perfectly under the drain in the oil pan.
  Remove oil pan plug.  Check.   Assure all oil goes into container and not on garage floor. Check.
Get new oil and filter.
Find oil filter wrench. .....  um?
It's a cap wrench and not your normal tool.  We have 3 sizes of these - for motorcycle oil filters and VW oil filter caps.  I can't find any of them.  Any where.
Panic sets in.  I text Tucker from the garage asking for any insight of where this tool might be.
I remove the plastic cowling from my engine to waste some time while I continue to freak out.
And then I find the tool.  Right where I left it.  10,000 miles ago when I put the oil filter cap back on the jetta.  Sigh.  Just sigh.



Job complete and tool put on the shelf where it belongs instead of touring denver and the mountains on the jetta.

No comments: