Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What happened to skiing in France?

Remy!  Thanks for picking me up from the train!  And you picked out a great place!  These are some pix on the road between the cabin and the resort.



The 'entrance'
Which way?  Remy glad you know where you are going...
Some great views on the resort...

I didn't thin they still had snowboards here...  But I did expect the 2 monoskiers in the pic.  Not so sure I expected the filmographer capturing me.... Don't forget to notice the cloud pattern...



Andy!  What a nice ski you have!
Power Andy!
Time for the speed skiing!
The time is measured when you cross the orange line.
Greg!  Tuck!
Nice form...  The plan was to have only 1" of the surface of the ski on the ground to reduce drag.
yeah.  Like this guy.
Bas.  Something on the ground would be good!
Derby?  Is that what the call it? 
Monopalooza translation...  Chinese downhill. 
English translation...  Turn?  Why?
The ceremony!
Oops.  we didn't get the video...  Greg takes the credit.  Remy below made it all happen!
Andy...  You packed the van.  Why isn't there enough room?
Can you hold that while I squish this in?

But we made it in!  Thanks Remy for driving.  Nice Viper glasses Greg.  Jorge nice to see you awake.
Still holding on... Don't worry...  Americans take pictures just like everyone else...
Jorge... why doesn't your I-fone speak English?  Well at least Remy is driving...
Isn't that the Pizza place on the left?
Oops
Holding strong.  Overcast... Hand knitted hat on the dash...
Almost back to dropping me off on the train...  What are those cool towers?  is that 80s modern?  What the heck does that sign mean?  Nice Orange Van... 
Wait...  what's that in the background?...
WWII or older?  I still have to look this up.  Grenoble...



No comments: