Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Goulash

Okay, so it's been a LONG time since we've posted anything.

Here are the highlights -

Tucker's birthday was a powder day.
We went skiing in Austria.
Tucker went skiing in France.
I made goulash.

On our trip to Austria we met Ralf.  We also ate a lot of goulash.

Ralf told us that the goulash we were eating in the restaurants wasn't 'real' goulash and promised to send us a recipe when he arrived home in Berlin.  He did.  And I made it (half beef and half pork).  And it was delicious.  I even bought some bread from the 'Bavarian Bread Company' to serve with it (probably American but whole wheat and delicious).  Per Ralf's request - here are the photos.
***NO TABASCO WAS USED IN ANY MEAL PICTURED HERE***


















Karyn posted... But it seems rather than adding a comment I would just comment.... (have you met me?)

I got the recipe from Ralf long before I got home.  When he told me he would send me a recipe, he said 'translated by me'.  As you would guess by the pictures and disclaimer he gently recommended NO TABASCO only several times in the 'translation'...  

As advertised (no tabasco) it was VERY good!  Thanks for the recipe Ralf.  We will be making this again!

-------No Tabasco was harmed or eaten during the filming or eating of this meal.-------
 

No comments: