Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ah, taper week!

So, on the LONG journey to a 140.6 mile race there is a LOT of training - thus the lack of blogging.

And then, there is the TAPER - a gradual reduction in training volume.   A perfect example would be my 120 mile bike ride followed by a 2.5 mile run last Sunday.  This weekend's workout was a 30 mile bike ride followed by a .7 mile run.   I also skied Saturday and Sunday :)  I love taper.  I have time for the things I love - walk to dinner (cause my quads don't scream the whole way), ski with my friends, get my nails done (pictures later) and pack for my race!

Here's what I did today - besides the nails and wetsuit repair.


Last night Tucker and I went to a CAIC (Colorado Avalanche Information Center) benefit dinner and found a Tucker snowcat out front!  (yay, taper!)



Hoping to post pictures of more fun with the girls once I get to Arizona this week - more TAPER! 

I have purchased a personal tracking device for the race and will post the internet link as soon as I have it!

No comments: