Monday, July 15, 2013

The July 13th triathlon.....

So, after much discussion and contemplating I decided that it didn't make sense to go to Oregon to race this past Saturday.  I found a race (on the same course as my half ironman distance race in September) locally and signed up!
This race was an Olympic distance - 1.5 kilometer (.93 mi) swim, 40 kilometer (25 mi) bike, 10 kilometer (6.2 mi) run

I raced on this exact course 3 years ago in my first season of triathlon (yes, this is only the 3rd season - can you believe it?).

So, I am a completer and not a competer.  I tell people that ALL the time.   Truthfully, I am always compteting with myself.  Anything to get better than ME.

So, this was my 3rd Olympic distance event....  and 10% faster than my last one (2 years ago)!

I am getting stronger and faster and having fun!

For the record....
My 1st Olympic distance race (2010) = 4:30:39
My 2nd Olympic distance race (2011) = 4:10:29
My 3rd Olympic distance race (2013) = 3:44:47

The next race is another Duathlon on August 25th!  Before then I have the Copper Triangle and Tour de Cure Colorado benefit rides!

No comments: