Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The first triathlon of the season....

So, months ago when I was planning out my racing season I found this little Friday night sprint length triathlon in early June which worked out well with my Ironman Arizona training plan (did I mention that I'm training for another Ironman?) and that way I could still ski on Saturday and Sunday!  Not knowing if the resorts would remain open or not didn't matter.  It wasn't worth the risk of missing a potential day of skiing to do a race on a Sat or Sun.

Bev was in town after dropping Janet and the kids at the airport for their trip back to Fairbanks after visiting so Tucker dragged her along to spectate.   They were GREAT spectators!!!  The ONLY ones with cowbells!  I felt so important.  :)

The race took 30 seconds longer than I had predicted - probably partially due to snapping my insulin pump tubing (likely on the bike)......  but it was a great race and my first triathlon since Ironman Wisconsin in Sept 2011!



I was a walking HEP advertisement (my coach - Howie Endurance Project)!







No comments: