Saturday, June 22, 2013

Next triathlon - July 13th.....

My next triathlon is July 13th!

I got my wetsuit back yesterday that I had loaned to a good friend for one of her (3) sisters to use during a race last weekend - how great for them to do that together!


Today, I paid for the bike box that I have used to ship my bike all over the country and had in my garage for 3 or more years (Thanks Sarah!)



The race on July 13th is in Bend, OR.   Anyone going to be around to spectate?

http://www.deschutesdash.com/

It is a down current swim in the Deschutes River!  I looked at times last year and most were right around the 15 minute mark so I would expect to be no more than 25 min!

Then 25 miles of biking (in the beautiful Oregon countryside) with 1500 vertical feet of elevation gain in the first 12.5 miles (and then a loss of 1500 vert feet on the last 12.5!).

The run is a spectator friendly 10K with a single loop along the river path.

It should be great and I'll be posting up, post-race, about how much fun I had!

After that.... no races until Sept 8 here in Colorado.   Half Iron distance - 70.3 miles.  whew.

Ironman Arizona is coming up quickly!


1 comment:

Jake and Erin Lewis said...

Thanks again Karyn!!

-Erin (and sisters too!)