Monday, November 19, 2012

Ironman Arizona spectating (and signing up)

The weekend before Thanksgiving I headed to Tempe to watch Ironman Arizona.   With many of my past teammates and other IronMonsters (Chicago based Triathlon team that I've made friends with).   The morning of the race started out watching the swim start and enjoying each other's company -




And the day ended - a little sleep deprived and excited to sign up the next day with my buddies at the finish line at midnight!
*I mentioned sleep deprived right???


The next morning 4 of us were in line at 5:20 am.....




We made friend with people that had CHAIRS!  yay!  no sitting on the cold, hard sidewalk for a few hours!


Registration was supposed to open at 8 but we think it opened early since we weren't at the front of the line and were done registering by 8:05.   Here are some of us right after we forked out the money (and our sanity).  (all of us are type 1 diabetics)


I'm really, really hoping to do this race but before then I have a half marathon (the Sat after Thanksgiving) and a full marathon (Jan 20th in Tempe) and who knows what else?!?!?


No comments: