Saturday, October 13, 2012

keeping in shape in the shoulder season

This morning I had to wait until the weather warmed up, I left the house on the bike about 11:45. The threat of rain was high.
 
I got to Cherry Creek Beach, and as you would expect... Nobody there!


The colors sure were pretty.

On the way back it started sprinkling immediately, and by the time I was in Cherry Creek, it was full on raining...



I hammered it home, with one quick stop on my hip crossing the south platte river in front of REI, it's been a long time since I've ridden in the rain, and you can tell I"m out of practice, I hit a metal plate joining the concrete to the bridge at an angle.  The tire just kept on going down that plate...


Everything is fine, but when I got home I was soaked!

The last big fall I had was last year Oct 23rd.   Maybe I need to stay off my bike in October... 

1 comment:

David said...

Have I told you about our honeymoon yet? Riding in rain ain't no big thing. At least after all that practice!