Monday, March 19, 2012

ok, that was worth 150 PLN

Bare with me, this sounds awesome in my head...

So I quit from a long day at the office, heading out hungry with no real sure way to get back to the hotel. Whatever I came down on the way in, we'll start with that. The 'gps' I brought was not loaded with maps all the way out.

But luck would have it... The road took some winds/turns/corners/roundabouts/... you name it, I had it. But as soon as I saw the Palace, I knew I could find my way... But it gets better! I took this roundabout and started heading down some road (which I can tell you from being here 3 days, nobody would know what the road names would be) and end up heading for the National Stadium, Stadion Narodowy (Sta de ion Na ro do vee). Ok, no problem, I know I just have to take a left before the river, and I can find my way from there... Couple bridges later and a couple "damn there goes the.. wait... no..." I take a hard right. Hit just one more roundabout and it tosses me onto that last road by the river... up by the King's Castle (Zamek Krowloski), and left and (up that cobblestone street) and I'm back...

After a beer (local zywiec) (Piwko aka Pi v ko), I headed into the hotel restaurant.
First I get the menu, which... everything was 50+ PLN. So from the snack menu I got a sandwich added a roasted cauliflower soup... He said they needed some time to make some dishes, so he brought a salmon tartar, very nice, I asked atlantic, and he said polish, I said fresh water he said yes... (sorry that wasn't the worth it part...)

Then I got the soup. hand drawn at the table, roasted cauliflower, over a couple roasted tomatoes and sausage (random meat of the day).

Then for the palate cleanser... sorbet and fresh mint. Don't forget the chocolate and nestled in a fried delicious bowl of sweet corn breading...


Ahhh a few minutes after that... The sandwich comes... That was the best breakfast I had for dinner at lunch time I've ever had... ok, break down the time... I'm eating this at 8:30 GDT, that's MDT +7, so slightly after lunch... but this sandwich... It had an egg in it!!!


Ok, that's good. I didn't need the second half of that thing, triple decker w/ fries to dip in cranberry catchup.

no, no I'm good no desert.

Mr. 24 year old waiter comes back with the check and says "where are you from?"
Denver
Puzzled look
US... Colorado
Oh I wasn't sure, you don't have an american facial structure. the reason I ask is I like to guess the dialect...
....
....

Oh and if you're still hungry have a sample desert, and dropped the plate off.

Desert or not, that "you don't look american" thing was worth the 150PLN (Zloty) or whatever the heck you call it...

No comments: