Monday, June 21, 2010

Training Training Training

This was a big training weekend for me... Saturday I rode 48 miles around the south and west ends of Denver.

From the house I rode South to meet up with the South Platte River bike trail, accidentally missed the Bear Creek trail, and was at the 470 trail before I knew it. I got a bit wet crossing 470 each time I did. The underpasses seem to be pretty far below the highway and collect water.

Heading up the west side of town toward golden, there was a lot of construction and riding on gravel in place of the concrete bike path. Its always an adventure riding around here!

I passed Green Mountain on the west side dropped into Golden, then hightailed it back to the house.


I arrived home after about 2 hours 45 minutes with an average speed of 16.5, and total ascent of over 2000 feet. I was late for departure to Karyn's Company BBQ at Heritage Square.


Sunday I met up with Alex to hike Herman's Gulch.

A little cross training I suppose, but I was fatigued from Saturday's ride. We hiked 7 miles, and over 2000 vertical again. But the difference here was high elevation training. We started at 10,300 ft.

Karyn did a bit more than me, so I better let her talk about that.

No comments: