Monday, December 21, 2009

Macaroni and Cheese!

I can't remember the year... I'm not sure I remember which trip...

But....

The Browns and the Allens were out camping by canoe...

This happened a lot when I was a kid. We took a few trips in Michigan, 1 trip on the sand, but the most memorable trip (overall) was Isle Royal.

The Allens had prepared one of my favorite dishes... Macaroni and Cheese. Not the real stuff... no real cheese. Just simply that Kraft style dehydrated goodness. But wait...

Ham? How did that get in there? I remember wondering why you would put Ham in Mac and Cheese?!!?!?!? I thought that Mac and Cheese was ruined!!!

Ahh these days I'm a bit older, I require a little protein in the meal. Karyn is downstairs mixing up a bit of Kraft style Mac and Cheese with a bit of habanero turkey sausage. That's what I'm talking about!!!

Oh, did I mention Karyn loves a little Mexican spice?

2 comments:

CottonMouse said...

I've got a mac and cheese recipe (real stuff, real cheese) and I add paprika and cayanne powder to it. Between that, the sharp cheese and the white wine, its addictingly good!

Jake and Erin Lewis said...

I want CottonMouse's recipe....

Can't wait to see you guys at the hut!

Erin