Monday, December 7, 2009

100th POST!


Woot! We MADE it! 100 posts.... some of you have been reading since the first one. Kinda scary but maybe we're a tiny bit interesting.

So.... what have we been up to? Well, walking to Thanksgiving dinner at the neighbor/friend's house Karyn did 'something' to her infamous knee....

*note the ice pack*

So, the next day we hiked in the snow 3000 vertical feet and 8 miles.... of course. The following Monday she was at the doctor... Thursday getting a MRI and today getting the results.

The pictures look a little more ragged but until the pain is chronic and/or preventing normal activity, nothing to concern ourselves with so we went ahead and skiied like crazy this past weekend. TWO days at Keystone. Never got above 10 on Sunday there and not above 10 degrees at the house in Denver today. Thank goodness the house remodel included a new high efficiency furnace for the upstairs!

So we are both upstairs taking care of a little bit of business. With 35 lbs of weight loss Karyn has realized that she has neither a formal dress (for holiday parties) nor a swim suit (for apres ski soaks) that fit! So Karyn shops online and Tucker is doing his duty of writing the Xmas letter - if you don't get it and want to, let us know!

We are also preparing for hosting Christmas Eve dinner while Christmas will be spent at a hut in the backcountry with our best friends. We do this every year although not every year we have stayed the night we have at least 'hiked' in and had dinner and then 'hiked' out in the starlight - incredible in the Colorado high country.



You might try posting a comment - I wonder who all reads this silly little blog of ours and what you want to hear about that you think you don't...? I don't know.

Stay tuned for your holiday letter as it will host the whole year's worth of stuff without having to read all of the blog posts!

luv ya all!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Ok, so here's my comment! Your blog is book-marked on my phone and I always read your posts when I see them on facebook. Just fun keeping up with the Browns! :) so there you go, I read your blog and enjoy hearing about your adventures.... And 35 pounds lost! Goodness, you must be skin and bones now - congrats!!

kaz said...

Hope your knee is feeling better Karyn! Sounds like you guys are busy having fun, as always :) When will you be in Michigan again? Maybe we can get out to Colorado next summer...

Looking forward to reading this year's Christmas letter, as always :)

cheers,
Matt (Kaz)

David said...

Belvedere!!?!

That scared me!

I'm thinking...,
"What other best friends do you have?"!"""

But AH..., I see the light!!!
The Belvedere IS Sangre.

I don't know what I'd do without you at the Xmas hut.

CottonMouse said...

I think you gave your 35lbs to me... that wasn't very nice of you ;)

Its always interesting to hear about you guys, and all your crazy adventures!

Tucker said...

Why did I let Karyn post the 100th?