Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Summer is here!

It is absolutely beautiful outside right now! The sun is up at 6am when I get up and up when we get home around 6pm! What a change - and a refreshing one at that. I, Karyn, am getting anxious to see the doctor on Monday to see what she says about me commuting to work via bicycle and train once again. I can't wait! Also, I've been reading and a possible closing day ski run might happen as well - with her approval, of course!

A friend of mine and I decided to support each other and lose some weight! I always gain 15 pounds with knee surgery so the idea is NOT to do that this time and maybe lose some at the same time. I was shocked when I weighed in to find out that I was already 10 over my norm, 1 week after surgery. so, less calories... more exercise is difficult to do right now but Tucker has joined in to support me - I'm sure he'll end up more fit than I will!

This weekend may be the building of the deck weekend - finally! The lumber was delivered on October 1st and has been sitting in the backyard waiting to be used for 7 LONG months! I will post pics of the deck when it is built but for now... a pile of lumber... it will get better, I promise!

No comments: