Monday, September 25, 2017

Lee's Summit KR Gathering

The annual KR gathering was held at Lee's Summit KXLT in 2017.  This is just south east of Kansas City.

 811MS it was a nice flight out, I was testing the autopilot for some interesting things to do in the plane, but once I got it working there was even less to do...
 A calm cool 4 hours take off to landing.

 I got lucky flying in as the main runway was closed and the wind was high. for over the last 30 minutes the wind shifted from 90 degree cross wind to a 5 degree, so landing was easy.




Mike the proud owner/builder of 236MS just certified days before the gathering.






One of the local EAA members picked all local beers for the events.

 The trip home was a different story.  There was a front I had to cross.  bad weather spanning from Mexico to Canada, not really any way to fly around it.  I flew to Hays Nebraska which was as close as I could get without flying through.
 After waiting for weather to improve and meeting several other pilots with the same issue (two coming from a Bonanza gathering).  I filed IFR and I was ahead of one of the Bonanzas who eventually passed me on his way to KFTR.
I was routed to 12L RNAV and the clouds dropped and I was re-routed to 30R ILS.



No comments: