Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Skiing 4th of July


Well a friend of ours (Scotty) was very persistent and extremely generous about getting us out to Mammoth for the 4th of July skiing.
 I arrived a few hours before Karyn and was able to find Scotty's Van/key, shop and of course a light dinner.
I had time to mount skis since I was taking the boots.
 As usual some discussion about skis in the camping area.



 If only I could find the May 2004 picture of us in front of this sign when the snow level was 1-2 feet below the directional portion!

 Look who we ran into!  He was cursing himself a little about forgetting his Monoski before the trip.  I met his dad a few years back at Heavenly with the Comet Katz...   (Glen Plake)


 You have to air out the ski boots somehow!
 Scotty and Lynette hosting us for a nice dinner in a nice camper!
 Jay posted 4G camping one time, this looks like 4G Apres ski.  Our loaned campervan in the background, Thanks to Scotty!


No comments: