Monday, May 23, 2016

Something to do Friday afternoon

I brought my logbook thinking we might create an opportunity.  Megan and Jason, at first a little hesitant, decided it would be fun to go flying.  I rounded up a plane and an instructor to check me out on a 172R at Hampton Roads.  We went out for a quick checkout, .7 flight time which was about the same exercises as my bi-annual.   Talking over local options with the flight school, we met up with Jason and took to the air!
 Nice view of the crosswind runway on the way out.
 We overflew Megan and Jason's house,  And yes it appears the grass is greener on the other side of the fence!  Note the red umbrella as 'home'.

 Amazing views of the outer-banks and the Atlantic ocean.  The plan operates a little differently at sea-level, I had never flown below 955'.  This was 26'.  I'd never flown a 172R - '98 fuel injected, and nothing this new...
 Our trip ended up heading to the 'mecca' for aviators, Kitty Hawk, the airport is named First Flight as you would expect.  You can see heading into runway 2 for a Touch and Go, the monument in the pic is the Wright Brothers Memorial.
 A quick 30 minute return and everyone had a Great time!

A Great experience for me as well as the passengers.  1.2 on the clock, I was amazed we were so close to all of this!

No comments: