Tuesday, November 24, 2015

There is an Aircraft Museum in Pueblo

I visited the Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum Today.  



The Weather was forecast to be good for flying today so I rented 811MS and flew down to Pueblo.  

Turns out the winds were pretty high and gusty.  Departing KBJC 8kts no gusts.  Arriving in Pueblo 22kts gusting 29kts. It felt like I was almost stopped when the wheels touched down...



This airport was used in WWII as a bomber training facility, B29s among others.  It is difficult to explain the scale of the B-29.  I had to stitch pictures together to capture it in 1 shot.  Much larger than a B-17 or B-24.  A 141 wing span almost double the B-17.


P2V-7







These Jets have had the engines removed.  If you look closely you can see the air inlet at the front of the Jet.  These are a wing with an engine, the cockpit is an after thought...


 Lockheed C131-A -- Not the C-130 by a long shot.  But it looks like the Coast Guard used it for people transport.



 Look closely,  You can see my house!


Returning I left Pueblo in 28kts gusting 36kts.  KBJC had 14kts gusting 22kts.   I still managed some great landings in the piper.

No comments: