Monday, May 25, 2015

Booger Brown, 6/3/2001-5/22/2015



Booger left us for kitty heaven on Friday afternoon after months of battling some sort of cancer.  He was purring and happy on Thursday (5/21) with a visit to the vet that revealed lymphocyte value of 17,000.  Normal is 1k-2k in a kitty.  He was also developing multiple skin lesions (I could see his muscles....).    But, we stitched him up and took him home with the stitches bandaged up -
I got out a sleeping bag and curled up next to him with my hand on him, listening to him purr while I tried to sleep through the night.  He got up several times during the night to go to the bathroom, get food and get water.  He seemed pretty 'normal'.

Friday morning I got up early and said good morning to him - as I always do - and he didn't lift his head up.   When I returned home that afternoon he was standing up and whining and then laying back down.  I petted him but could not get him to purr any more.  I knew it was time when I left that morning and this made it even more clear.  I gave him some pain killers (left over from the triceps tear), called the vet and a couple of hours later I had his collar and sweet memories of my baby.

For the past 2 months he had been getting acupuncture for his torn triceps and anemia.  He LOVED it.  He looked so relaxed and purred the whole time during his sessions with Dr. Brown.

I'm not sure what his big brother Handsome is going to do without him -


Or maybe I do.....  This was a photo on Saturday of Jaspurr and Handsome


No comments: