Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tour De Cure 2013

Another amazing ride.  

This year team Red Truck has raised over $8000 to stop diabetes.  Great work team!  Thank you to all the contributors for me personally.


Sitting with the #2 fundraiser...
 Nice tent and stage, with some great backdrop!
 Getting ready to push off!  6:00am

I got a new riding buddy this year, Zyler talked me into the 100mi. 


Some great pix at the top! Too bad it was a little hazy...
 I didn't get to spend much time back at camp.  The group was hanging out in the team tent with some visitors from Utah...  Rachel and Chris came out.

 Karen and Tony
 I missed the first couple miles with the GPS, but you get the gist of the ride...


I had been training for it, and did manage to finish.  It was a tough ride. 8:40 on the route, looks like a lot of time in the rest stops...  That happens when it's over 90...  I wasn't in as good of shape as I have been in the past, but I still rode with Zyler on the 100mi.  I really pushed him the last 8 miles, looks like it was a slight down hill, but not enough to trigger the gps to '-' on the reported grade.

 Of course after all that riding, I needed a recovery meal...







No comments: