Monday, August 6, 2012

The Copper Triangle

It started out cold again...  This year I took the option of a later start.  I left about 7:40 from the copper parking lot.  But waiting the extra hour didn't matter.  I was still freezing for the first climb up to Fremont Pass.

Just as I was walking up to  get some refreshments at the Tennessee Pass rest stop, I hear "Tucker".  Elizabeth had found me.  She and Greg were taking off, so I said, I'll catch you on battle mountain.  (for those of you who haven't been in this section of Colorado, Battle Mountain is the third significant climb on Highway 24 of the copper triangle.
I didn't see them on the downhill or the climb.  On the way down the crowd bunched, and we all stopped.  Someone had taken a digger into the guard rail on one of the hairpins heading down to Minturn...  It's never good when there is a guard rail involved.  There were plenty of people so I kept moving.  Immediately after I caught up to Elizabeth and Greg.  We rode all the way to east Vail together but separated before the final climb.  I caught up to them again at lunch.

The stats turned out pretty well.



I was entertained by reviewing the comparison to past years.  As you can see much faster than past years.  But if you really look at the data, I spent less time at rest stops.






No comments: