Sunday, January 2, 2011

sigh. Where to start? - December 25th.... Christmas Day



I'll start with backcountry.... We left Denver about 8:30 on Saturday morning and went to the trailhead for our annual Xmas hut trip! The rest of the crew had planned on a much earlier start than us since they were closer but we arrived and they had just started out! Due to my bursitis in my shoulder, and recent cortizone shot, I wasn't allowed a pole in my right hand nor a pack.. my poor husband carried most of my gear as I got a fanny pack. :)

The snow was awesome on the way in... and the next day.... and STELLAR on the last day - lots of turns to be had, even without a pole! ;)




We had Christmas dinner - Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, quinoa, cookies, etc!


Again, we had an amazing Xmas hut trip and met new people that were just great to hang out with!

No comments: