Sunday, November 7, 2010

Another weekend of skiing - I know that you are not surprised




We headed up to Keystone Friday night and finally arrived about 8pm - an hour later than anticipated. We ate dinner with Bill, Marilyn, Sperry and Laura! Sperry and Laura (Tucker's brother and sister-in-law) are visiting from California for the week with their twins! I had never met Cambria and Agean before so this was exciting for me. Somehow in all the fun we never took a single photo....??? We'll get some and post soon.

We skied Arapahoe Basin on Saturday morning, then shopped at the outlet mall and then back to the condo to see and play with the kids and rest of the family! Then we were off to dinner at our friends' house. We arrived early. In fact, a little too early as they weren't even there. I quickly decided that a trip to the nearby Walmart would kill some time. I bought some essentials - like dental floss - and then we spotted some items that we wanted to take on our Christmas hut trip this year as well as a fashionable doggie sweater that was ONLY FIVE BUCKS!!!!

Oh, that's right, we don't have a dog. But we got home almost 6 hours ago and immediately put Handsome in the sweater.... he loves it, loves it, loves it. I can't even get over how ridiculous this is but also AWESOME!


This morning we skied A-basin and got some more time with the family before weather moved in and we moved out. Down to Denver so that I could run an hour before book club. This is the first time, EVER, that I have run 45 minutes continuously. No walk breaks, no water breaks, no bathroom breaks. no breaks! Maybe this off-season running program is just what I need to help me get across that finishline at Ironman Wisconsin in 2011?!?!

And for those of you paying attention - Sunday, 11/7/2010 - Day 4 of skiing for the 2010-11 season :) All at A-Basin so far.

No comments: