Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday morning.... trucks and jeeps

So, my good friend Jennifer sends me a message on Saturday asking if I would be willing to help pick up a new-to-her stove. No problem! I haven't driven the truck in several weeks and Jennifer is one of my favorite people. We finally figure out when and where to meet and get it done. It ends up being 7 am at her house... which is 20 miles from my house. So, on Sunday morning I get up at 6... drive to her house, 10 minutes late but that's okay -she got me Starbucks coffee! Yeah! We head to Kiowa, yeah Kiowa, to pick up the stove. The gentleman she's purchasing it from is awesome and helps us load it into the truck.... we are worried about how to unload it but I assure her (and him) that we can do it. We strap it all down and head back to her house. We get there about 10am (did I mention the stove was in Kiowa?) and set to removing the old stove from the kitchen. We end up having to remove the handle to get it out the back door but are successful. A bit a manuevering with the dolly and whooppee! See the results...


after 2 years of having an inoperable stove and oven... she next boiled water! And this stove is a bit more attractive than the one that was removed. she'll remind me what color it was but yucky says it all!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The old one was ALMOND (cream, to those not savvy with appliance color names) and had solid electric burners - not a glass top and not coil burners - just solid ugliness! Look how nicely things match now!!! Thank you Karyn! You're so totally AMAZING!!