Sunday, November 16, 2008

hmmm... ski season begins!

so, this post is not going to be what you expected.... We headed off Friday evening to go see the newest Warren Miller movie at the Boulder Theater with some (20+) friends. The movie was great and I was totally ready to start skiing. And then there was the...... ASPIRE!

The movie started at 9:30 which is pretty late for these two. We got out.... after midnight and wandered over and got in the ASPIRE! Well, the Aspire has been averaging about 38mpg lately and while the gas gauge was below empty for the last 100 miles... the trip only showed 300 miles on this 10 gallon tank. but, we ran out of gas anyway. but not in a normal way... we were coasting along and it just wasn't keeping speed (and we weren't headed uphill!) so I pulled off the highway - at a very empty shopping mall. I kept having to turn the car off and back on to rebuild pressure through the fuel pump(?maybe?) and we limped to the nearest gas station - 1/2 mile? We were back on the road and the car was acting like it was fine. 9.5 gallons of gas later, that is.

When we arrived home to our visiting pooch who was SO glad that we finally made it home at 1am!


That's right, we're dog sitting again - this time for 3 weeks. Hope she enjoys the early morning walks with me and Jen to the personal trainer at 6 am!

1 comment:

Brad, Janet, Landon, Kalena, Willow, Skittles and a fish said...

Cute dog! Enjoying the blog and I added you to my list. I'll bump you up the list if I see regular posting...down, if I don't :) Just Kidding....kind of funny to think that two tech people are just now blogging...and blogging is just not like twittering....get with it!